The start of a new cricket season is nearly upon us. The NatWest CricketForce weekend is on Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th April and the aim is to focus our efforts as a club community to prepare the facilities at Short Lane so that we are ready to host another full programme of cricket this summer.
See below for an idea of tasks that need to be addressed. What's required now is for members and friends of the club to give up a brief period of their time to contribute to achieving these goals.
If you can spare even just an hour on the Saturday (or possibly Sunday) to join the work party, your help could make all the difference.
The working party will gather at the club at around 9:30 am on Saturday. It would be best to wear appropriate outdoor work clothes and shoes.
Here is a breakdown of the varied tasks that need our attention before we can start training for and playing cricket at Short Lane:
- Two of the sightscreens will need some repairs done to them before the 2019 season.
- Get covers out of net area
- Tidy up net area ready for use
- Tidy up the kit store room.
- Get benches down from balcony
- Repairs to and staining benches
- Tidy up small scorebox and repairs to small scorebox
- General litter pick around the boundary fence
- Check the batting cage and repair as necessary
- Check the artificial strip and clean / moss kill as necessary
You contribution will make a difference!
Updated 14:03 - 15 Apr 2019 by James Berressem