On Saturday 13th October over 80 members and their guests gathered for the Club's annual awards dinner at the splendid Harter & Garter Hotel, Windsor, to celebrate the achievements and contributions of its members, and take part in some questionable late-night dancing.
The evening started with everyone catching up and sharing stories over drinks and three-course meal. After a brief review of the season from chairman Jim Berressem, club captain Saad Choudhary took over the mic to deliver the results, allowing the chairman to present the trophies in the absence of the president. And this year's winners are...
- Hall Memorial Cup - James Berressem
- Guvnor's Cup - Ali Syed
- Doug Neil Cup - Chris Lunn
- Butt Cup - Dr Shazhad Raja
- 5th XI Award - Riordan Cully
- Ladies Award - Jenny Tippell
- Ladies Progress Award - Komal Joshi
- Sunday Award - Sravan Thatta
- Surrey Slam Award - Conor Cousens (new award for 2018 associated with the new Ashford Jets midweek T20 team)
- Alan Dedman Rose Bowl - Jack Frost
- Crossley Cup - Suhi Tamilarasan
- Tweaker's Trophy - Josh Wilson
- Sportsperson Award - Becky Halls
- Top Team Award - Men's 2nd XI (secured promotion to Surrey Championship Division 2)
Click here for full History of Award Winners.
Congratulations to all the award winners . Many thanks to those volunteers who contributed their time and efforts throughout another year.
And it wasn't just shiny trophies that were being dished out on the night. Alongside winners who bought tickets for the raffle fundraiser, two lucky members won hard cash through the annual bumper 200 Club draw. The winners were:
- 1st Prize - Paul Frost (£400)
- 2nd Prize - Peter Davies (£200)
Cheques will be on their way to the lucky winners soon.
Thanks to everyone who atteded and made the evening so successful and enjoyable. Particular thanks must go to the lead organisers for the event Kirsty Hull and Ian McAllan.
Updated 23:56 - 15 Oct 2018 by James Berressem